Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
Loudoun County Transit will implement several service changes beginning August 1, 2016
. The modifications include route changes, schedule format changes and fare changes.
Summary of Changes
Route 62 – Ashburn Connector
- Routes: The route changes include modifications, eliminations and extensions of parts of routes 62, 72, 85, 89X, and Safe-T-Ride.
- Schedule Format: Changes include renaming and reformatting of timetables for Metro Connection services.
- Fares: Fare changes include reductions and increases in fares and the addition of free transfers.
Route 72 – Wiehle Express
Route 84 - Atlantic Connector
Route 85 – Dulles South Connector
- Eliminate the northern part of the route along Ashburn Village Boulevard and INOVA Loudoun Hospital in Lansdowne.
- Extend the route to One Loudoun to where a transfer can be made to Route 70 connect to INOVA Loudoun Hospital in Lansdowne
- Increased frequency
- View Route 62 Schedule beginning August 1, 2016
Route 89X – Telos Park & Ride – Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station
- Eliminate northern portion of route: Stone Springs Boulevard north of the intersection with Medical Drive (old Gum Springs Boulevard), Evergreen Mills Road, Belmont Ridge Road, Ryan Road, Loudoun County Parkway, Loudoun Station, and mid-day Wiehle-Reston East Metro Connection from Loudoun Station.
- Eliminate southern portion of route: Riding Center Drive, Braddock Road, Gum Springs Road, Destiny Drive and Stone Springs Boulevard south of Tall Cedars Parkway, Tall Cedars Parkway east of Loudoun County Parkway, Poland Road and Eastgate View Drive
- New routing: Route 50 from Stone Springs Boulevard to Loudoun County Parkway, Loudoun County Parkway from Route 50 to Tall Cedars Parkway.
- Extend mid-day routing from East Gate Park and Ride to Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail.
- Adjust timing to coordinate with Route 88X to for transfers
- View Route 85 Schedule beginning August 1, 2016
Commuter Bus Service Changes
- Reduction of fares on Routes 72, 83 and 84 from $2.00 to $1.00
- One free transfer between local Loudoun County bus routes
- Increase of fare from $8.00 to $9.00 per trip on all bus service to and from Rosslyn, the Pentagon, Crystal City, and Washington D.C.
Time adjustments have been made to multiple stops on the Loudoun County Commuter Bus services to and from Rosslyn, the Pentagon, Crystal City, and Washington D.C.
Metro Connection Bus Service Changes
- View schedule beginning August 1, 2016, for Dulles North, Dulles South, Brambleton, Ashburn North, Telos, and CFC
- View schedule beginning August 1, 2016, for Purcellville, Harmony, and Leesburg
Time adjustments have been made to afternoon schedules.
Commuters who have questions about the above changes or require additional information may contact Transit and Commuter Services by email or by phone at 1-877-465-2287.
Visit www.loudoun.gov/transit for complete information about commuting options in Loudoun County.