ADU Program guidelines allow homeowners to increase the value of the ADU property when they make ADU Program-approved improvements to the home. Please click on the link below to be taken to the guide "Reimbursable Home Improvements" for more information.
In order to receive reimbursement for approved home improvements, the seller is required to submit the following documentation prior to
the home being offered for sale through the program:
1. Photographs of the completed improvement(s)
2. Copy of original paid-in-full reciept(s)
3. Copy of documentation from Loudoun County that the home improvement was inspected
and passed inspection (for improvements like a deck, finishing a basement, adding a bath
or half-bath and anything involving electrical and/or plumbing work).
4. If you cannot provide reciepts, or if the seller performed the home improvement, the seller
can pay a Virginia-licensed appraiser to appraise the home improvements that were made
and assign a value to the improvement.
5. If a fence, deck or patio was completed, a letter from the Homeowners/Condominium
Association must be submitted to the Department of Family Services indicating that the
fence, deck or patio was approved.