Demographic forecasts are produced using information from decennial censuses and Loudoun County Government's estimates as a basis. Forecasts for future years are available through 2045. Forecasts reflect recent development activity, market conditions, rezonings, approved projects remaining to be built, the county's planned land use, the county's long-range supply of land, and land use constraints.
County Forecast Series (Updated October 22,2015)
- Population, Housing Units, Households, Employment - 2000 to 2045 forecasted population, households, housing units, and employment in one-year increments PDF | Excel
Prior forecast series are available for download under the archives.
- Age of Population - 2000 to 2040 forecasted population by age PDF
Sub-County Forecast Series (Updated April 27, 2016)
Periodically, demographic forecasts for housing units, households, population, and employment are produced for Loudoun County's 282 Traffic Analysis Zones (TAZs) – providing a relatively fine-grained picture of development forecasts in five-year increments through 2045. Loudoun County submits its TAZ forecasts to the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (COG). COG finalizes the region’s forecasts approximately six months after all local jurisdictions have submitted their forecasts. Loudoun County also summarizes this data, using its larger planning subareas. There are 10 planning subareas, compared to 282 TAZs.
Round 9.0 is Loudoun County's most recently released set of forecasts. Loudoun County submitted it to COG on March 21, 2016. Round 9.0 reflects recent development activity, market conditions, rezonings, comprehensive plan amendments, and rail arriving in 2020. The forecasts also reflect approved projects remaining to be built, the county's planned land use, the county's long-range supply of land, and land use/development constraints.
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Cooperative Forecasts
- Traffic Analysis Zones Round 9.0 Forecasts PDF | Excel
- Planning Subarea Round 9.0 Forecasts PDF | Excel
- Prior Forecasting Round Archives
Maps of the forecasts are available as are reference maps of the geographic boundaries of Loudoun County.