Local Bus Service
Ride Free September 17, 2018 - October 31, 2018
Loudoun County offers free rides on all Loudoun County Transit buses that provide connections to Metrorail stations September 17, 2018, through October 31, 2018. The Local Bus routes that travel to and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station include Routes 72, 84, 87X, 88X, 985 and 990.
The free bus rides are offered through the ISHARE66 Commuter Incentives program, designed to reduce traffic congestion and promote alternative modes of transportation through the Interstate 66 corridor. Details about other incentives and commuter rewards can be found at ishare66.org.
Local Bus Service Schedules
|Click on the image below to launch the
Online Local Bus Service Map.
| Bus stop locations along the local fixed route service will have a bus stop sign like this one.
Loudoun County Transit provides weekday, and limited Saturday, local fixed-route bus service from Purcellville through Leesburg and eastern Loudoun County. In addition, some of the local fixed-route buses also travel to the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station.
All local fixed route buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts and are wheelchair accessible. Loudoun County Transit also provides paratransit service
for those eligible persons with disabilities.
The majority of service operates from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., with the exception of the Route 70 and the Route 82 which continue operating until 10 p.m. All local buses are equipped with bike racks!
or on the video at right for more information on how to ride the Loudoun County local buses.
Online Local Bus Service Map
Are you having trouble deciding which local bus route will work best for you? Try our new online tool, an Online Local Bus Service Map
to view all of the routes together, including photographs of the bus stops.
Any schedule changes due to holidays, inclement weather, special events, etc. or any proposed new schedules can be found HERE:
Otherwise, please click on the appropriate route number below to view the schedule.
- Route 40: Purcellville Connector (Virginia Regional Transit Service)
- Routes 55, 56 and 57: Leesburg Routes
- Route 62: Ashburn Connector
- Route 70: (Leesburg to Sterling via Leesburg Pike)
- Route 72: Wiehle Express (Loudoun to Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station/Silver Line)
- Route 80: Sugarland Run Connector
- Route 81: Countryside Connector
- Route 82: Sterling Connector
Route 84: Atlantic Connector, Mon - Fri & Sat service
- Route 87X: Dulles Town Center to Wiehle-Reston East Express
- Route 88X: East Gate Park and Ride to Wiehle-Reston East Express
- Route 985 - Sterling Park to Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station
- Route 990 - Wiehle-Reston East to Employer sites in Loudoun County
For all other local bus related topics, click on any of the links on the left side of this page.