The general purpose of the Communications and Technology Committee is to:
- Conduct an annual review of the operation of Box Area Run Builder (BARB) dispatch recommendations and procedures and present any recommendations regarding the use of BARB.
- Review consultant recommendations regarding the modernization of the communications and technology systems.
- Establish work groups to support, maintain, and enhance communications and technology programs.
Second Thursday of each month
Health and Safety Committee
- Communications Division Chief
- Emergency Communications Center Manager
- Computer Assisted Dispatch (CAD) Analyst
- One representative from the Loudoun County Fire Council
- One representative from the Loudoun County EMS Advisory Council
- At-Large members appointed by the chairman of the Fire and Rescue Commission
The Health and Safety Committee shall be responsible for the development of recommendations for the fire and rescue system's safety and health program.
Health and Safety meets on a needs basis.
Any volunteer may participate in the Health and Safety Committee but the group must include a minimum of seven members including:
- Battalion Chief for Human Resources and Risk Management of the Department of Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Services
- One operational safety officer from the Department of Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Services
- One representative of the Loudoun County Career Firefighters' Association
- One representative of the Loudoun County Fire Council
- One representative from the Loudoun County EMS Council
- One volunteer chief officer
- One volunteer firefighter and/or EMT
Individual companies should establish a Health and Safety Officer to serve as the liaison to the committee.