Eligibility & Event Registration
To be eligible to participate in the Business Hazardous Waste Program, your business or organization must:
- Be located in Loudoun County;
- Qualify as a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) in accordance with 40 CFR Part 261.5 as adopted by reference into the Virginia Hazardous Waste Management Regulations (VHWMR), 9VAC20-60-10 et seq. Businesses must certify that they meet the following conditions concerning amounts of hazardous wastes generated:
- Less than 100 kilograms (220 pounds) of hazardous wastes are generated per calendar month [40 CFR 261.5(a)],
- Less than 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of acutely hazardous wastes are generated per calendar month [40 CFR 261,5(f)(3)], and
- Not more than 1,000 kilograms (2,220 pounds or roughly five 55-gallon drums) of hazardous wastes are accumulated on-site at any time [40 CFR 261.5(g)].
- If your business meets these requirements and you wish to participate in the Loudoun County Business Hazardous Waste Collection Event, you must preregister with the Department of General Services Waste Management Division at least three days prior to the event.
- If you need assistance, call 703-771-5514 or email .