Multicultural Advisory Committee
The aim of the Multicultural Advisory Committee is to provide advice on multicultural issues and to create a greater awareness and understanding of cultural diversity in Loudoun County.
- Identifying issues affecting people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and recommending strategies to address these.
- Assisting the County with monitoring and implementation of the County’s Limited English Proficiency (LEP) program plans.
- Advising the County on multicultural, multilingual staff recruitment efforts.
- Providing advice and support to projects and cultural events that enhance cross-cultural relations.
- Promoting, where possible, partnerships between the County and culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Committee members are approved by and accountable to the County Administrator.
Staff leadership and support is provided by the County's Accessibility Services Manager and Human Resource Director. Meetings are held four times a year, with additional activities on occasion.
The committee consists of up to twelve community representatives elected to two-year terms. Member qualifications sought, include:
Pictured above right: Current members of the Multicultural Advisory Committee: Back row (L-R): Carlos Guzman, Doi Phuenphiphop, Robert Marro, Gurpreet Brar, Captain Christopher Hines. Front row (L-R): Bruce Rahmani (Chair), Chang Liu, Anu Kaur, Aruna Minhas, Deputy Francis Trinh. Members not pictured: Rochelle Goodson, Chuong Nguyen.
- Must be a Loudoun County resident, community organization or business representative with an interest and understanding of multicultural issues with direct links to local ethnic community populations and/or organizations.
- Or must have expertise in human resources and employment law.
- At least 4 appointments from the business and/or diverse faith communities.
- If you are interested in serving on the Multicultural Advisory Committee, email staff with your intention and experience. Appointments are made by the County Administrator.
The Loudoun County Department of Planning and Zoning publishes analysis of Loudoun County demographic characteristics and issues. More information about the county's cultural demographics may be found here
Minutes are available online. View all.