Youth Public Service Announcement Contest 2017
Loudoun middle and high school-aged youth are invited to develop and produce a Public Service Announcement (PSA) focused on the prevention of youth suicide and the promotion of mental health awareness. The PSA may include general information about prevention of youth suicide, how to recognize/respond when someone is struggling, and/or how to help others, with a focus on increasing awareness and encouraging help-seeking behavior and hope.
- All middle and high school aged Loudoun youth are eligible to participate and videos will be judged in two separate age groups.
- All videos must be youth-led and produced with an adult sponsor.
- All videos must be appropriate for general public viewing.
- All videos must be 30 seconds or less in length.
- All videos must be uploaded to Flickr at the highest possible resolution and a valid Flickr link must be provided in the online registration form.
- All videos must avoid self-disclosure of personal mental health information in the PSA. If you have any questions about this, please contact us at 703-777-0377.
Role of the Adult Sponsor
- Examples of adult sponsors would include parents, teachers, guidance counselors, coaches or youth group leaders.
- Adult sponsors must be willing to oversee the video development process and assist in the coordination and submission of the online registration and associated media release forms.
- Adult sponsors should ensure that youth avoid self-disclosure of personal mental health information in the PSA. If you have questions about this, please contact us at 703-777-0377.
- All PSA videos must be submitted by completing the online Registration Form by Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
- Each youth member who participated in the development of the PSA must complete and submit a Media Release Form signed by their parent/guardian.
- Adult sponsors should ensure that all Media Release forms are submitted to Loudoun County Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services (MHSADS) by Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
- Media Release forms can be uploaded as part of the online registration process, emailed to or mailed/dropped off to our office at:
Attention: Youth PSA Contest Judges
Loudoun County MHSADS
906 Trailview Blvd., S.E.
Leesburg, VA 20176
Questions? Please contact us at 703-777-0377.