Nonprofit Grant Funding Application Process
Loudoun County is accepting applications from community nonprofits for Fiscal Year 2019 (FY 2019) funding that will provide core human services to vulnerable and disadvantaged Loudoun County residents. Tax-exempt, private, nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations are eligible. Funding will be focused on services in the following areas of need:
- Prevention and Self-Sufficiency
- Crisis Intervention and Diversion
- Long-Term Support
- Improved Quality of Human Services
The application deadline is February 22, 2018. The application is online at the link below:
Note: Applicants are required to download and complete the Evaluation Plan template by clicking here. The document will then be uploaded into the application for submission.
A manual explaining the application process can be downloaded here.
New Mini-Grants Process
A mini-grants process has been created for FY 2019. This process involves a simplified application for any organization applying for a small grant of $5,000 or less. The mini-grants program will help smaller organizations build capacity or support small-scale innovative ideas or projects. The mini-grant application cycle runs concurrent with the standard nonprofit application process and uses the same application form:
: The required Evaluation Plan for Mini-Grants is available here
and the manual is available here
Grants Information and Training Opportunities
To assist organizations in preparing their applications, the county offered two sessions of "Grants 101 and Outcomes Evaluation" training and information sessions on January 26 and January 29, 2018. Presentations from the sessions are online.
- Informational Kickoff: Overview of application process, questions and answers. View the presentation here.
- Outcomes and Evaluation Plan Training: In-depth review of objectives and performance measures, using county nonprofit grant format) View the presentation here.
- Grant Writing 101 Training: General review of grant application terminology, grant sources, writing strategies, and tips for stronger applications. View the presentation here.
For those who were unable to attend either of the training sessions, links to training videos can be found below. If you have any problems viewing the videos, please visit this help page
We have a list of questions that have been asked about the program - complete with answers - that we update as questions come in. Please check the list here
if you have questions. If you don't see the information you're looking for, please send us an email
For more information, contact Grants Program Coordinator Shalom Black by email