| If you need interpreter Services for Civil Cases please fill out this form
Interpreter Services for Civil Cases
PROCEDURE FOR REQUESTING A COURT APPOINTED INTERPRETER
FOR A CIVIL PROCEEDING IN THE LOUDOUN COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT
The Loudoun County Circuit Court will hire Court appointed interpreters under the following circumstances:
- Any non-English speaking individual determined to be indigent by the Loudoun County Circuit Court.
- A party who will be offering a witness who needs interpretation will be responsible for making arrangements for such an interpreter through the court’s procedures.
- Any non-English speaking individual represented by Legal Services of Northern Virginia.
- Any non-English speaking individual who was appointed an interpreter in either Loudoun County General District Court or Loudoun County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court and now requires an interpreter for the appeal in Loudoun County Circuit Court.
- Anyone requiring sign language interpreters or CART (Communication Access Real Time Translation).
- If you were previously declared indigent and had an interpreter appointed by a lower Court, it is your responsibility, or of your appointed attorney, to notify the Courtroom Clerk Supervisor at (703) 777-0687 or email to arrange for an interpreter to be present at your hearing. Requests for interpreters are to be made at scheduling of the hearing or at least 3 (three) weeks prior to hearing (except for extenuating circumstances).
- For sign language interpreters or CART only, contact the Courtroom Clerk Supervisor directly at (703) 777-0687. Requests for sign language interpreters or CART should be made at least 3 (three) weeks in advance of the hearing date.
Any individual who is not represented by counsel and believes that they do not have the financial ability to hire an interpreter should:
- Obtain and complete a Petition for Proceeding in a Civil Case without Payment of Fees or Costs form (CC-1414) and a Request for Court Appointed Interpreter form. These are available in the Clerk’s Office and the fillable CC-1414 form can be found on the Loudoun County Clerk's Office website.
- Present forms along with a Notarized Affidavit to:
Loudoun County Clerk’s Office
Attn.: Civil Division
18 East Market Street, Leesburg, VA, 20176 or
P.O. Box 550, Leesburg, VA, 20178
A Judge will approve or deny the request.
- If approved: The Courtroom Clerk Supervisor will contact you once arrangements for an interpreter have been made. You MUST confirm the details of the hearing at least 1 week in advance with the Courtroom Clerk Supervisor.
- If denied: Make independent arrangements to hire an interpreter. You will be responsible for the payment of this interpreter.