Commission on Aging
The Commission on Aging, appointed by the Board of Supervisors, serves as an advisory board to the Loudoun County Area Agency on Aging, the Board of Supervisors and other Loudoun County agencies on matters affecting older residents. Those interested in learning more about serving on the Commission should contact the Area Agency on Aging at 703-777-0257 when a vacancy exists.
- 9:30 a.m.
- Second Tuesday of each month
- 20145 Ashbrook Pl, Suite 170, Ashburn VA 20147
Minutes of the meetings are available following approval.
The Commission on Aging consists of one member appointed by the Board of Supervisors
from each magisterial district and one (1) at-large member. These members are appointed for an initial four-year term, to run concurrently with the term of office for Supervisors. At least 50% of all Commission members appointed by the Board of Supervisors shall be 60 years of age and older.
- Algonkian District - Martin Pottle
- Ashburn District - John Capurso
- Blue Ridge District - Vacant
- Broad Run District - Vacant
- Catoctin District - Megan Descutner
- Dulles District - Samiah Bahhur
- Leesburg District - Richard Routman, Chairman
- Sterling District - Kathy Stewart Shupe, Vice Chair
- At Large Member - Trevor Browne, Secretary
Phone: 703-777-0257, Click to email.