Community Criminal Justice Board
The Community Criminal Justice Board (CCJB) enables Loudoun County to develop, establish, administer, monitor, and maintain community-based corrections programs for those who meet the eligibility criteria established under Section 19.2-303.3 of the Code of Virginia or other applicable provisions of state law. Loudoun's CCJB was created in 1995 when the General Assembly enacted legislation requiring any jurisdiction with a local pretrial services or community-based probation program to create a community criminal justice board.
Community-based probation programs should serve the following purposes:
- To operate services designed to meet the rehabilitative needs of selected offenders;
- To provide post-sentencing alternatives for certain offenders with the goal of reducing recidivism;
- To provide increased opportunities for offenders to make restitution to victims of crimes through financial reimbursement or community services;
- To provide more effective protection of society and to promote efficiency and economy in the delivery of correctional services
The Community Criminal Justice Board (CCJB) has nine mandated members and nine additional members. The additional members are appointed at-large, one by each member of the Board of Supervisors
. For a list of current members, please click here
- Second Wednesday of every month at 5:30 p.m.
- Loudoun County Government Center
Dulles Room, 1st Floor
1 Harrison St. S.E.
Leesburg, VA 20177
Note: Meeting dates, time and location are posted on the Loudoun County Government Master Calendar.
Minutes of the CCJB meetings are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
Section 9.1-175 of the Code of Virginia requires that each CCJB must adopt and approve a Biennial Plan of its objectives and goals, and the strategies for implementing the programs and meeting the objectives and goals. View the 2016 - 2017 Biennial Plan for the CCJB.
Criminal Justice Resources
For a list of criminal justice resources and agencies that serve residents of Loudoun County and the Commonwealth of Virginia, please click here.
The staff contact for the CCJB is Director of the Department of Community Corrections Jim Freeman, Phone: 703-777-0207. General inquiries can also be sent by email.