Housing Advisory Board
Loudoun County Housing Needs Assessment
A Housing Needs Assessment prepared for Loudoun County by the George Mason University Center for Regional Analysis and consultants Lisa Sturtevant & Associates LLC was presented to the Housing Advisory Board and the Board of Supervisors in 2017. The report, which assesses the county’s current and future housing needs, is online.
Housing Advisory Board General Purpose
The purpose of the Housing Advisory Board is to:
- Mobilize business and community support to develop and sustain workforce housing programs
- Provide input on the affordable housing needs regarding funding options due to Urban County Status and recommend approval of grant applications
- Serve as a source of study and advocacy for the Board of Supervisors on the supply and demand issues of affordable housing
- Support community education and outreach on affordable housing initiatives
- Support policies and make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors for program development
- Work cooperatively with other jurisdictions to encourage regional affordable housing solutions
The bylaws of the Housing Advisory Board are online here
- 4:00 p.m.
- Second Wednesday of each month
- Shenandoah Building, Shenandoah Room, 2nd Floor, 102 Heritage Way N.E., P.O.Box 7400, Leesburg, VA 20177
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda
| View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes
| View All
The board consists of members who represent specific categories:
- Representative of the Economic Development Advisory Commission: Omari Faulkner
- Representative of the Economic Development Authority: Betsy Self
- Representative of the Affordable Dwelling Unit Advisory Board: Dwight Stonerook
- Nonprofit affordable housing developer: Karen DeVito
- For-profit affordable housing developer: Steve Wilson
- Affordable housing finance consultant/advisor: Michael J. Scheurer
- Nonprofit and/or faith-based service provider: Vacant
- Public at-large: Christine Windle
- Public at-large: Brent Campbell, Chair
- Public at-large: Tom Loftus
- Public at-large: John A. Andrews, II, Vice-Chair
- Public at-large: Vacant
- Public at-large: Eric Johnson
Loudoun County Comprehensive Plan
Loudoun County's housing policies are a key component of its Comprehensive Plan
. The county is currently in the process of developing a new comprehensive plan. To keep up with the process, visit the project website, www.EnvisionLoudoun.org
, or www.loudoun.gov/EnvisionLoudoun
For more information about the Housing Advisory Board, contact the Department of Family Services at 703-777-0353.