Meet adoptable pets in convenient locations by visiting them on the Mobile Adoption Bus! All pets on the bus are available for adoption and most can go home right away.
Upcoming mobile adoption events in 2017 include:
While visiting with shelter pets at a mobile adoption event, here are a few items to consider during the adoption process:
v Saturday, October 21 – Leesburg Family Fun Day, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
v Sunday, October 22 – Cascades Farmers Market, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
v Saturday, October 28 – Stone Tower Winery in Leesburg, VA, Noon to 4:00 p.m.
v Saturday, November 4 – Leesburg Farmers Market, 9:00 a.m. to Noon
v Sunday, November 5 – Cascades Library in Sterling, VA , 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
v Saturday, November 11 – North Gate Vineyard in Purcellville, VA, Noon to 3:00 p.m.
v Saturday, November 18 – Harmony Holiday Bazaar in Purcellville, VA, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
v Sunday, November 19 – Cascades Farmers Market, 9:00 a.m. to Noon
- Adopters must be 18 years or older with photo ID.
- All adoption policies and procedures apply to mobile adoptions, just like any adoption conducted at the shelter.
- Adopters with previous or current pets must be in compliance with Virginia. Dogs and cats must have current rabies vaccines and dogs should be licensed according to state law.
- We encourage all adults in the adopting family to visit their new pet prior to adoption.
- For adopters currently renting, be sure to check any policy with regards to pet ownership to avoid landlord concerns.
- Declawed cats are adopted with the intention of being indoor-only cats.
- In most cases you can take your new pet home on the same day! LCAS reserves the right to temporarily hold an adoption pending further approval or possible home check.
- If you have any questions, please call 703-777-0406.
Get a head start on the adoption process completing an adoption application
to bring with you while visiting animals on the mobile adoption bus!
If you are interested in hosting the Mobile Adoption Bus at your special event, please email Nicole Falceto
or call 703-737-8045.
The vehicle, purchased through generous donations to the Animal Services Trust Fund, has been in operation since 2009. It is 33 feet long and provides comfortable, climate controlled space for approximately 20 animals. The bus includes a visiting room and roll up doors so that animals can be seen from the outside. It can be used for emergency response situations such as large scale animal seizures, rescues or veterinary medical triage.