Coordinator of Emergency Management
801 Sycolin Rd. SE
24-hour Emergency Line
Our mission is to reduce the loss of life and property from all types of hazards through a comprehensive program of mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
Every year, the citizens of Loudoun County face potential disasters and emergencies and their consequences. We do not always know when emergencies or disasters will occur but if we plan ahead and know what to do before they happen, we will be better prepared to face them. Disasters can be acts of nature such as tornadoes, floods, and winter storms, or man-made events such as a hazardous materials spill, failure of a utility system, or an act of terrorism.
The Office of Emergency Management is responsible for providing community outreach in disaster preparedness. Other responsibilities include:
What You Can Do
- Coordinating countywide response to a disaster situation
- Ensuring disaster assistance is available to all government agencies, businesses, and citizens of Loudoun
- Providing assistance to managers of various county agencies playing key roles in disaster response and recovery operations
- Sign up for Loudoun County weather watches and warnings from Alert Loudoun.
- Turn around. Don't drown! Details about never driving through high water.
- Try the online tool from ReadyNOVA. It is available to develop emergency preparedness plans for northern Virginia families and businesses.
- Ready Loudoun
- Be Ready! Make a Plan