Go To Search
Click to Home
Site Tools
Name Change
new.gifEffective July 1, 2018, the Name Change Petition dated November 2017 will no longer be accepted. You must use the new Name Change Application below.

How do I change my name?

How do I change the name of my minor child? 
  • File in the Circuit Court of the county in which your minor child currently lives.
  • Petitioners who desire to change the name of their child or ward must obtain consent of both parents to change a child’s name. 
  • Pay the $39 filing fee.
  • Minor Name Change Packet

How do I submit my application? 

Filings may be submitted in person or by mail:

In person bring your completed paperwork and filing fee to the third floor of the Clerk of the Circuit Court during normal business hours. Or send your completed paperwork, copies and filing fee to: 

Send via U.S. Postal Service
Clerk of Circuit Court
Attn: New Case Filing
P.O. Box 550 
Leesburg, VA 20178
Send Via FedEx, UPS, etc. 
Clerk of Circuit Court
Attn: New Case Filing 
18 East Market Street
Leesburg, VA 20176

*Please note that Court personnel are prohibited by law from giving legal advice. If you need assistance or advice, please see our Legal Aid and Links page 
Contact UsKimberly Walker
Civil Division Manager

Lauren Permison
Civil Division Supervisor

Quick Links

  Civil Division FAQs
Concealed Handgun Permits
•  Posted Orders and Notices
•  Courts Technology
•  Visitor Comment Card 

Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Physical Address:
Clerk of the Circuit Court
Attn: Civil Division
18 East Market St.
Leesburg, VA 20176
Mailing Address:
Clerk of the Circuit Court
Attn: Civil Division
P.O. Box 550
Leesburg, VA 20178

Loudoun On
Site Tools