Board of Supervisors
January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2019
- Phyllis J. Randall, Chair
- Ralph M. Buona, Vice Chair, Ashburn District
- Suzanne M. Volpe, Algonkian District
- Tony R. Buffington Jr., Blue Ridge District
- Ron A. Meyer Jr., Broad Run District
- Geary M. Higgins, Catoctin District
- Matthew F. Letourneau, Dulles District
- Kristen C. Umstattd, Leesburg District
- Koran T. Saines, Sterling District
Loudoun County is governed by a nine-member Board of Supervisors. The chairman of the Board of Supervisors is elected by the voters at large. The other supervisors are elected from each of eight election districts in the county. All nine members serve concurrent terms of four years.
The Board of Supervisors sets county policies, adopts ordinances, appropriates funds, approves land rezonings and special exceptions to the zoning ordinance, and carries out other responsibilities set forth by the State Code.
The Board appoints a county administrator, who manages county operations; the Planning Commission
, which serves in an advisory capacity on land use issues; and various other boards and commissions.
Prior to taking office, members of the Board of Supervisors participated in several orientation sessions. More information, including a link to the Board's Operations Manual is online here