Lovettsville Community Park
- Located near East Broadway, Lovettsville Road and Milltown Road in Lovettsville, this project includes the construction of 90 acres of park facilities.
- These facilities include equestrian trails, walking trails, off-leash areas, a pond and amphitheater. In addition, the park facilities include 4 softball/baseball fields, 3 soccer fields and an equestrian area.
- Improvements to the southern entrance and a new asphalt play area at Lovettsville Elementary School.
- Other additions to the park site include site lighting, athletic field lighting, athletic field irrigation systems, fencing, retaining walls, athletic field accessories, flag poles, utility infrastructure, storm water grading, piping, and landscaping.
Current Status: November 2021
- Crews have recently completed major construction work on the park grounds and facilities, including:
- laying Bermuda sod at all athletic fields,
- asphalt paving work at the equestrian parking area and maintenance road,
- light level testing at the athletic fields. For more information, view the news release.
- Work to install park signage and establish permanent grass throughout the park is nearing completion.
- Over the next several weeks, crews will work on punch list items until the certificate of occupancy is received and the park is returned to Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services for management.
- For safety, and as this is an active construction site until the park is opened by PRCS, no trespassing during construction.
- This is the final construction update that will be provided on this project as major construction is now concluded and the facility will open soon.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for the Lovettsville Community Park project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Quarterly Report on Capital Improvement Project (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.