- Departments & Offices
- Transportation & Capital Infrastructure
- Projects, Studies & Plans
- Northstar Boulevard: Shreveport Drive to Route 50
Northstar Boulevard: Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive) to Route 50
- This project will design and construct a new four-lane, median divided segment of Northstar Boulevard from Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive) to U.S. Route 50. The project scope includes a 10 foot wide shared use path on both sides of the roadway and a traffic signal at Route 50. At the northern end of the project, a new bridge will carry Northstar Boulevard over North Fork Broad Run. Evergreen Mills Road will then be realigned to the south to intersect with Northstar Boulevard.
- In conjunction with new construction, the project will improve two intersections:
- The intersection at Youngwood Lane will be realigned from its existing intersection with Racefield Lane to a new connection with Northstar Boulevard. This new connection will become the western end of the planned Dulles West Boulevard.
- Racefield Lane will be reconstructed and widened, and it will become the primary access point to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Arcola Area Headquarters.
- Once constructed, the new 1.6 mile segment of Northstar Boulevard will serve as a minor arterial roadway from John Mosby Highway (Route 50) to Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive). It is also part of what will be a 14 mile, uninterrupted corridor extending from Route 7 south to the Prince William County line.
- Funding for the project includes a $25 million Fiscal Year 2017 Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) discretionary grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation. Funding for this $90 million project is also provided by VDOT, the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA) and Loudoun County. UPC106994
- Loudoun County, Federal Highway Administration, VDOT, and NVTA held a groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate the beginning of construction on February 24, 2023.
- The project is currently estimated for completion in fall 2024.
Current Phase: Utilities Relocation
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Fall 2021 - Winter 2023: Utilities Relocation
- Winter 2023 - Winter 2025: Construction
- Winter 2025: Substantial Completion
Pardon Our Dust Meeting - May 15, 2023
Loudoun County will host a "pardon our dust meeting" to update residents on the upcoming Northstar Boulevard-Evergreen Mills Road to Route 50 construction. The event will take place on May 15, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. at Arcola Elementary School. 41740 Tall Cedars Parkway, in Aldie. More details to come.
Stay Informed About This Project
The blog provides project updates to subscribers, including phase and milestone information.
- View all updates on Northstar Boulevard: Evergreen Mills Road to Route 50.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Northstar Blvd Evergreen to Route 50 June 2022 Exhibit (PDF)
- Draft Environmental Assessment May 2019 (PDF)
- Public Meeting Exhibit 07-01-2019 (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staffor call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.