November 3, 2020 General Election
A general election will be held in Loudoun County on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Offices on the ballot will include president and vice president of the United States, members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, Leesburg mayor and town council, Hillsboro mayor and town council, Virginia constitutional amendments, and Loudoun County bond questions. Sample ballots will be available once the ballot is finalized, which is expected to be in mid-to-late August.
Now Three Ways to Vote: Pick the Option that Works Best for You
All registered voters in Virginia now have the option to vote at home, vote early or vote on election day. No excuses required no matter your choice. Just click on the voting option you would like for more information.
- Vote at Home: Request your ballot online or by mailing us a request form. We’ll mail your ballot and important information to you. You’ll fill it out, have it witnessed, and send it back.
- Vote Early: Early voting will be available at the Office of Elections in Leesburg starting September 18, 2020, plus for the two weeks prior to the election we’ll add satellite absentee locations.
- Vote on Election Day: Vote at your normal polling place on election day. Polls will be open from 6:00 a,.m. - 7:00 p.m..
What’s on Your Ballot?
- Sample ballots will be published once available, which is expected to be mid-to-late August.
- Voters are encouraged to verify their registration information, and to double check their voting precinct at www.vote.virginia.gov to ensure they know their precinct number and are viewing the correct ballot.
|Request Vote-at-Home Ballot||Now|
|Early Voting begins at Office of Elections in Leesburg||Friday, September 18, 2020|
|First Set of Vote-at-Home Ballots Mailed||Friday, September 18, 2020|
|Online Voter Registration Deadline||Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 11:59 p.m.|
|In-Person Voter Registration Deadline||Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 5:00 p.m.|
|By-Mail Voter Registration Deadline||Postmarked no later than Tuesday, October 13, 2020|
|Early Voting begins at Satellite Absentee Voting Locations||Saturday, October 17, 2020|
|Last Day to Request a Ballot by Mail||Friday, October 23, 2020|
|Last Day for Early Voting||Saturday, October 31, 2020|
|Election Day Voting 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Tuesday, November 3, 2020|