- Departments & Offices
- Transportation & Capital Infrastructure
- Projects, Studies & Plans
- Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Replacement
Philomont Fire and Rescue Station
This project will construct a new 18,500-square-foot fire and rescue facility on Snickersville Turnpike in the Village of Philomont to replace the existing Philomont Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company #8 Station.
- The facility is anticipated to include apparatus bays, bunkroom facilities, a training/break room, restrooms, showers, food preparation and dining areas, laundry and decontamination areas, supply storage and a gear and hose drying area. It will also include a breathing apparatus air compressor room, a fitness room, offices and a repair shop.
- The project was approved as a part of the FY2017 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) budget and all subsequent years since. Members of the public provided input on this project in the following ways:
- A public information meeting was held on September 30, 2020 at Woodgrove High School to discuss the future project. View the presentation (PDF) below.
- The project was a part of the November 2020 Bond Referendum. This was a referendum to determine how this project, along with multiple other public safety projects, was to be financed and not a vote on the project itself.
- A public information meeting was held on September 9, 2021, at Woodgrove High School to discuss the feasibility study performed by the county.
- County staff met with the residents of Philomont at the Philomont Community Center on September 29, 2021. View the recording (MP4) and presentation (PDF) below.
- The findings of the feasibility study were presented at a Board of Supervisors meeting October 5, 2021.
- An additional feasibility study is being conducted based on sketches submitted to the County by community members (referred to as Scheme 4 and 4A). The study is currently under review by the team and will be released upon completion (spring 2023).
Current Phase: Project Design
- Learn about the project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Summer 2022 - Spring 2025: Project Design
- Fall 2025: Procurement of Construction Contractor
- Fall 2025: Award Contract – Construction
- Fall 2025: Notice to Proceed – Construction
- Fall 2025 - Spring 2027: Construction
- Spring 2027: Substantial Completion
Future Public Input Opportunities
Upcoming Opportunities (Dates are tentative, will be updated as the design progresses.)
- Planning Commission Public Hearing for review of the Special Exception (SPEX) and Commission Permit (CMPT). Tentatively scheduled for fall (Oct/Nov/Dec) 2023.
- Board of Supervisors Public Hearing and Business Meeting for review of the Special Exception (SPEX) and Commission Permit (CMPT). Tentatively scheduled fall (Oct/Nov/Dec) 2023.
Stay Informed About This Project
The blog provides project updates to subscribers, including phase and milestone information.
- View all updates for the Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Replacement.
- Sign Up to receive email and text updates about projects and studies on Notify Me, Blogs category
- 12.8.22_Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Public Information Meeting_Presentation (PDF)
- 12.8.22_Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Public Information meeting_Recording (MP4)
- Due to a technical issue, audio begins at 1 minute, 22 seconds.
- 9-8-21_Philomont Fire and Rescue Public Information Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- 9-8-21_Philomont Fire and Rescue Public Information Meeting Recording (MP4)
- Feasibility Study for the Philomont Fire and Rescue Station (PDF)
- Philomont Fire and Rescue Station Overview Fact Sheet
- Philomont Fire and Rescue Station September 2020 Public Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee Report: November 2020 Bond Referendum
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- Contact the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure at
oremail the department. 703-737-8624
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call