COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment Donations & Requests
As part of the ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Loudoun County is receiving donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) and monetary donations toward the purchase of PPE and distributing the supplies to Loudoun-based health care providers and facilities in need.
The county has the greatest need for:
- N95 respirators
- Surgical masks
- Disposable gowns
- Face shields
- Enclosed goggles
- Hand sanitizer
Surgical Masks and N95 Respirators
Personal Protective Equipment Donations
Loudoun County is accepting donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) to distribute to health care providers and facilities in need. Donated supplies must be unopened.
The county is not able to accept homemade equipment, such as home-sewn masks.
Donation Drop Off Locations
If you or your organization has personal protective equipment to donate, please drop off equipment at the following location. Donations are only accepted during the designated hours.
- 751 Miller Drive, Leesburg, VA 20176
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- When navigating to the drop off you will see blue signs guiding you to the drop off point.
If you would like to contribute to the county’s efforts to supply personal protective equipment (PPE) to facilities and healthcare providers in need but you do not have items to donate, you can make a monetary donation. Funds collected will not be distributed to other organizations, but will be used by the county to purchase bulk PPE items that can be made available to organizations in need of equipment. Donations are tax deductible.
The county will not be able to accommodate special instructions directing the use of these funds, such as specific items to be purchased. The county will use funds at its discretion to acquire PPE to address requests from health care providers and facilities in need.
Online donations are accepted through PayPal. All major credit cards are accepted. The processor will deduct a transaction fee of 1.9%+$0.30 from each online donation.
Donations made prior to May 14, 2020 may appear on your credit card statement as "PayPal Loudoun Tax." All donations are directed to strictly to PPE distribution.
Donate by Check
Checks should be sent to the address below.
- Write COVID-19 Donations on the envelope and on the check.
Loudoun County Treasurer’s Office
PO Box 347
Leesburg, VA 20178
Personal Protective Equipment Requests
Requests for donated personal protective equipment can be made to the county, by completing the form below.
Please note: If you are requesting N95 Respirators, be aware of the OSHA requirements for respirator fit testing. Several vendors in the Northern Virginia area offer fit testing. More information will be included in your request confirmation email.
Prioritizing Requests for PPE
The county will prioritize requests for the following entities (in no ranked order):
- Critical County and Town government health care providers and emergency responders
- Federally Qualified Health Centers and free clinics that accept referrals of ill patients that need evaluation and Coronavirus specimen collection
- Assisted living and other senior facilities for whom PPE is recommended by the CDC
- Mass screening clinics
- Outpatient providers who currently provide specimen collection and testing
- Home health providers who are recommended to use PPE
Organizations that have previously submitted requests for and received PPE may submit additional request forms if they have additional needs. They will be contacted by a county representative to coordinate the receipt of donated items if resources are available.
If the county is able to fulfill a request, supplies will be delivered to the location identified on the request.
Receive updates from Loudoun County
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19
- Sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19 in Notify Me, Blogs category
- Follow the Loudoun County Government Facebook Page and @LoudounCoGovt
Loudoun County Public Schools
Contact us with Questions
- Email the Health Department
- Call the information line: 703-737-8300
- Monday-Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.