Road Renaming Business Assistance Program
The Loudoun County Road Renaming Business Assistance Program is designed to assist businesses impacted by the renaming of several streets and roads in Loudoun County. The program is open to for-profit and nonprofit businesses with a registered address on a street that has been or will be renamed at the direction of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors. The program includes a one-time grant and a sign reimbursement grant.
- Home-based businesses are eligible for a one-time grant of $500.
- Businesses in commercial spaces or nonprofits are eligible for a one-time grant of $750.
- Receipts are not required for the one-time grant.
Sign Reimbursement Grant
A sign reimbursement grant of up to $5,000 is available for businesses or nonprofits that require modification or replacement of storefront or free-standing or vehicle signs that show the full address of the business or property. Sign reimbursement grants will be processed independently of the one-time grants.
To be eligible for either a one-time road renaming grant or a sign reimbursement grant, the business or nonprofit must:
- Operate a for-profit business or a nonprofit with a registered address on a road that has been or will be renamed at the direction of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors as part of its road renaming initiative that began in 2021.
- Hold a business license in Loudoun County, if required.
- Be current on all Loudoun County taxes (such as business tangible personal property, real property or business license taxes).
- Agree to receive the funds electronically.
In addition to requirements above, if applying for a sign reimbursement grant, the business or nonprofit must:
- Have a storefront or a free-standing sign or vehicle signage that contains the full address of the business or nonprofit.
- Supply photographs of the needed change or agree to a site visit as well as receipts for the actual cost of reimbursement. Only the actual cost, as per the receipts, up to $5,000 will be reimbursed.
The grant program will open in two phases:
- Phase 1 - Businesses or nonprofits on the following roads may apply starting July 17, 2023:
- Early Avenue/Earlybird Avenue
- Fort Johnston Road/Fort Star Lane
- Fort Johnston Road/Leeland Orchard Road
- Hampton Road/Cinnamon Fern Road
- Jackson Avenue/Honeybee Avenue
- Jeb Stuart Road/Philomont Road @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Lee Drive/Turtle Hill Drive
- Leesburg Court/Compass Rose Court
- Little River Lane/Vilgrain Farm Lane
- Longstreet Avenue/Piper Run Avenue
- Pickett Road/Broken Arrow Road @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Phase 2 - Businesses or nonprofits on Route 7 or Route 50 may apply starting August 14, 2023.
Deadline to Apply
Applications to the Road Renaming Business Assistance Program must be made no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, December 1, 2023.
- Will I have to pay taxes on the grant?
Yes. The IRS considers business grants as revenue for tax purposes. The money from the grant should be included when calculating the business’s taxable income. If your business receives funding and still operates at a loss this year, then it will not have a taxable income because it operated at a loss.
- How will my submitted information be used?
Submitted information will be used to determine the eligibility of the business applicant. Additional communication with Loudoun County Government staff will be to verify the information provided.
Information submitted for this grant becomes public record and subject to requests in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act. We cannot exclude anyone’s submitted information from that process.
- Can I get this information in another language?
Businesses are encouraged to view the webpage and online grant application using their browser’s translation tools. More translation assistance is available by calling 1-800-LOUDOUN.
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, Loudoun County Government is committed to ensuring that limited English proficient individuals have equal and meaningful access to county benefits and services. Both phone interpretation services and written translation services are utilized when appropriate.
- Can I save my application and return later?
Yes. The form allows users to save their progress and return later.
- For more information or questions about the grant program, email the Department of Economic Development.
- Find additional assistance for businesses at Launch Loudoun.
- View a checklist of agencies to notify when changing your address (PDF).