- Departments & Offices
- Planning & Zoning
- Zoning Enforcement
- Trash Service Providers / Permitted Collectors
Trash Service Providers
- Under Chapter 1084 of the Loudoun County Codified Ordinances, Opens a New Window. solid waste disposal companies are divided into two groups: "Major" and "Minor."
- Both major and minor permitted collectors are required under Chapter 1084 Opens a New Window. to display their business name and operable telephone number on both sides of the vehicle
- View trash service providers/permitted collectors in Loudoun County (PDF).
- Residential collectors are listed under Municipal Solid Waste Curbside Collection. See below for information about the differences between major and minor collectors.
- Submit a concern about a trash collector on Loudoun Express Request (LEx). ens a New Window.
- Operate 4 or more collection vehicles and/or collect 2,000 tons of municipal solid waste per year
- Required to provide recycling services for their residential and non-residential customers
- Must collect the following source-separated materials from their residential customers:
- Cardboard and paperboard
- Container glass
- Metal and aluminum cans
- Newspapers and magazines
- Plastic beverage and detergent containers
- Yard waste
- Operate 3 or fewer trucks
- Not required to provide recycling services for their residential and non-residential customers
Both major and minor permitted collectors are required under Chapter 1084 Opens a New Window. to display their business name and operable telephone number on both sides of the vehicle.
Solid Waste Collection & Transportation Permits
Businesses providing solid waste collection services, including recycling services, in Loudoun County are required to obtain a Solid Waste Collection and Transportation Permit (permit) from the Department of Planning and Zoning annually in accordance with Loudoun County Ordinance Chapter 1084 Opens a New Window. .
- Permits issued to solid waste collectors expire on March 31 of each year
- Permitted vehicles should have a decal with the current calendar year displayed
A permit application and more information can be obtained by contacting the Department of Planning and Zoning at 703-777-0246.