Vision and Strategic Goals of the Board of Supervisors
The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors adopted Vision and Strategic Goals statements on January 2, 2013 re-affirmed on November 1, 2016. These statements grew out of the Board's Strategic Planning Retreat on September 24, 2012 and were re-affirmed at the Board’s Strategic Planning Retreat on September 16, 2016. In addition to the statements below, this webpage includes links to periodic updates
on the Board's Strategic Plan as presented by county staff.
By honoring its rich heritage as well as embracing the robust opportunities of a new day, Loudoun County maintains the high quality of life it has achieved, shapes a future that represents the best of both worlds, and creates a place where its residents are proud to live, work, learn, and play.
The strategies that have enabled Loudoun County to achieve this success include:
Strategic Plan Updates
- accelerating economic development so that the tax burden to residents is lowered, job opportunities are increased, the commercial potential of the Dulles corridor is realized, and continued levels of business growth and affluence result;
- adopting fiscal responsibility as a core principle;
- developing an effective transportation network;
- maintaining high quality educational opportunities;
- preserving the best of Loudoun County’s unique historical significance and heritage while positioning the County to be in the forefront of progressive enterprise;
- supporting the geographical and cultural diversity of small towns and rural economies (agriculture, vineyards, horse farms) in the west with planned urban neighborhoods and suburban housing, retail, and commercial infrastructure in the east;
- achieving a balance of the old and the new; of residential and commercial; of traditional values (family, community, environmental stewardship) and dynamic growth;
- streamlining County government to reduce waste, increase efficiency, and promote a positive climate for constituent interactions.