Western Loudoun Park and Ride
- This project provides for the design and construction of a minimum 250-space surface park and ride lot on a site adjacent to the proposed Fields Farm Park in the Town of Purcellville.
- Currently, the Virginia Regional Transit parking lot in Purcellville is serving as the only Park and Ride Lot in western Loudoun, with the closest alternative to the east in the town of Hamilton. The planned Western Loudoun Park and Ride will establish a dedicated lot in the Town of Purcellville.
- The project is funded with local taxes, Smart Scale, and Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) funds. These federal programs are administered locally by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA).
- The design phase is underway, with estimated completion in late 2022. The final design will proceed with the approval of rezoning and Special Use Permit (SUP) applications.
Fields Farm Park
- This project will provide rectangular and diamond athletic fields and related parking for Loudoun County's Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Service (PRCS). At the Board of Supervisors' December 6, 2016 Business Meeting, the conceptual design of Fields Farm Park was endorsed in conjunction with the endorsement of the Fields Farm Park Road design. Design will begin after the Town of Purcellville's approval of the joint rezoning and Special-Use Permit applications for the Western Loudoun Park and Ride and Fields Farm Park Project. Construction for this project will likely begin after the completion of the Western Park and Ride Lot project.
Current Phase: Design - 60% Design Plans
- Learn about project phases and milestones
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Fall 2019 - Spring 2023: Design
- Summer 2023 - Fall 2023: Utilities Relocation
- Summer 2024 - Fall 2024: Procurement of Construction Contractor
- Winter 2025: Award Contract – Construction
- Winter 2025: Notice to Proceed – Construction
- Winter 2025 - Fall 2025: Construction
- Fall 2025: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for the Western Loudoun Park and Ride Projects.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Public Design Hearing - April 27, 2022 at Woodgrove High School, Purcellville, Va.
State Project: PRLO-053-178, C501, P101 Federal Project: CMAQ-5A01(859) UPC: 111470
- 4/27/2022 Western Loudoun Park and Ride Public Hearing Presentation (PDF)
- Public Notice Ad (PDF)
- Western Loudoun Park and Ride Lot - Brochure (PDF)
- Western Loudoun Park and Ride Lot - 30% Plan (PDF)
- Western Loudoun Park and Ride Lot - Location Map (PDF)
- Western Loudoun Park and Ride Lot - Exhibit (PDF)
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Document (PDF)
- Western Loudoun Park and Ride Exhibit (PDF)
- Visit the Loudoun County Park and Ride Lots resource page.
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.