The Zoning Division administers and enforces the provisions and regulations of the Loudoun County Zoning Ordinances. Staff reviews development plans / projects within the county to ensure compliance with the governing zoning ordinance and any applicable proffers or conditions of approval.
The Zoning Ordinance
- Outlines all the zoning districts and special overlay areas within the county
- Provides details relevant to each specific zoning district, such as:
- Guidelines for the subdivision of land (minimum parcel size, yard requirements, etc.)
- Permitted and special exception uses
- Additional development requirements
The Zoning Enforcement
Team strives to make sure properties within the county are in conformity with the Zoning Ordinances and specific chapters of the Virginia Maintenance Code
that have been adopted by the Board of Supervisors.
Fees for the major zoning correspondence requests utilized by applicants are listed below. Please note the fee is per parcel of land. All checks are payable to the County of Loudoun and should be submitted with your request.
- Zoning Determination- $0
- Zoning Verification- $485
- Proffer Determination- $690
- Vesting Determination- $1,035
- Appeals- $350
All correspondence requests can be submitted to the Planning Front Counter on the 3rd floor of the Government Center or submitted by mail, to the following address:
County of Loudoun, Department of Planning and Zoning
Attn: Zoning Administrator
1 Harrison Street, S.E., 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 7000
Leesburg, VA 20177-7000.
- General Zoning Questions- 703-777-0118
- Overcrowding Complaints- 703-777-8190
- General Zoning Violations- 703-777-0103
- Administration & Zoning Administrator- 703-777-0246